Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, March 7. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Odessa police have made an arrest in connection with a shooting that occurred late Tuesday evening in South Odessa.
2. Businesswoman Debi Hays will become the next Ector County judge, after winning more than 60 percent of the vote in the Republican primary race against former prosecutor Chris Fostel.
3. The race is over for Precinct 2 Ector County Commissioner candidates Brandon Tate and incumbent Greg Simmons after Simmons won nearly 60 percent of the vote, according to unofficial results.
4. Seven candidates entered the race, and after the dust settled, Missi Walden and Matthew Stringer remain standing to face each other in a May runoff election.
5. A man is in custody following a high-speed pursuit of a stolen vehicle that ended in a major crash Tuesday evening.
6. BONUS: Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett spoke Tuesday about keeping the highest standard possible during an annual fundraiser luncheon benefiting Bynum School at the Midland Country Club.