Ector County Commissioners will hold their regularly scheduled meeting Monday to take action regarding an invitation from the Odessa Chamber of Commerce and zCivic, a division of Bar-Z Mobile Development of Austin, to become a community partner on the first official Mobile App of Odessa.
The meeting is at 10 a.m. in the commissioners’ courtroom located in the Ector County Administration building annex, 1010 E. Eighth St.
The app, being spearheaded by the Odessa Chamber of Commerce, would be used by the city, county and the Ector County Coliseum as a medium for pushing out information on local events and other happenings in Odessa.
“You can just go to a single app and see the best places to eat and what’s going on in Odessa,” Precinct 3 Commissioner Dale Childers said. “It’s pretty cool.”
The one caveat, Childers said, is that app development is very expensive, so the chamber is asking the commissioners’ court and the city to help split the costs.
Midland unveiled an app of their own last December, called “Passport 2 Midland,” which shows users different local restaurants and local events going on, and also allows residents to pay bills, report pot holes and request a code enforcement officer.
The agenda shows the commissioners’ court also plans to discuss legal matters, personnel matters and real estate issues during executive session.
IN OTHER BUSINESS, COMMISSIONERS:
- Will receive an annual update from Texas A&M AgriLife Extension,
- Will review a presentation from the Highways and Streets Department regarding a proposed 2018 Summer Seal Coat Project.
- Will vote on a request to sell South Odessa Street, Goldsmith, Texas for $8,000.
- Will vote on a proposed pavement widening of 56th Street from the intersection at Billy Hext Road to the intersection of Yukon Road, and to engage Landgraf, Crutcher * Associates to provide all necessary surveying and engineering services for the project for a fee not to exceed $98,600, with the total estimated project cost being $1,084,200.
- Will vote on a proposed revised Game Room Ordinance.
- Will approve or reject a proposed asphalt emulsion storage tank system replacement project.
- Will vote on a request to enter into an agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation to provide matching funds and other considerations for improvements of the intersection at Loop 338 and 56th Street to include traffic signal improvements.
- Will vote on a proposed confirmation of services agreement with TimeClock Plus.
- Will vote to accept the OAG Grant No. 3489601 for the purchase of rifle-resistant body armor for the Ector County Sheriff’s Office.
- Will vote on a requested payment of overtime for Sheriff’s Office Deputies to assist with the Ector County Detention Center in extreme circumstances.
- Will vote on supplementing the salary of the interim cemetery director with a monthly auto allowance of $200 and a monthly cell phone allowance of $50.
- Will vote on a request to hire a maintenance technician I at a 709-05, which is the current budget amount based on previous experience with a state agency.
- Will vote on a request to hire a plumber and a master electrician at or up to a Step 5 depending on experience.
- Will vote on a request to set the starting pay for TVFC/immunization specialist and outreach coordinator at a step 4.
- Will vote on a replat of 5.56 acres of Lot 1 and all of Lot 2, Block 18, replat of Scharbauer City.
- Will vote on a request to allow a property owner to build a road in the county right of way located within section 29, Block 43, T-2-S, T&P Ry Co Survey, associated with the proposed North Vista Grande Avenue extension, and to allow the county engineer to inspect the building process.