Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, March 29. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Westminster Presbyterian Church was reeling Wednesday with the news that its pastor, the Rev. Buddy Dee Monahan, had died after a Tuesday afternoon traffic accident at University Boulevard and Tanglewood Lane.
2. The 20th Mudbug is set for April 17 this year on the grounds at Ector County Coliseum, where Meals on Wheels of Odessa will look to raise a sizable chunk of its income for the year.
3. St. Mary’s Catholic Church’s Stations of the Cross presentation is set for Friday afternoon on the church grounds in Odessa, as part of the church’s services on Easter weekend.
4. Reviewing the monuments at the Calvary Cross he put in place about six years ago, Odessa businessman John Bushman relayed the story of Jesus to about 50 elementary students and parents.
5. IN SPORTS: Behind a solo home run by Shadie Davis in the top of the eighth inning, the Permian Lady Panthers softball team held on to defeat the Odessa High Lady Bronchos, 5-4, in eight innings Wednesday evening at the Ratliff Softball Complex.