Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Jan. 9. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Christopher Clark was appointed to the Ector County Court at Law Judge No. 2 position by county commissioners during a meeting today, filling in the seat left vacant after former Judge Scott Layh resigned in late December.
2. Medical Center Health System’s new president and CEO Rick Napper will join the Ector County District Hospital board of directors for his first regular meeting tonight.
3. The Odessa City Council is scheduled to recognize 10-year-old Randi Spenser today for raising more than $7,126 for the Odessa Police Department’s K-9 unit by selling hot chocolate in her neighborhood during the holidays.
4. A crash Friday night west of Odessa left one passenger dead and an Odessa driver injured after they were both ejected from the vehicle, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety news release.
5. IN SPORTS: Sammy Allen tallied a rare triple-double and the No. 8 UTPB men’s basketball team rolled to a 99-56 win over Arlington Baptist in nonconference action on Monday in the Falcon Dome.