Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, April 5. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. An agreement signed by the presidents of Odessa College and University of Texas of the Permian Basin on Wednesday will make it easier for students to transition between the two institutions of higher learning.
2. City Pipe and Supply Corp., one of Odessa’s oldest businesses, recently opened an $8 million new facility off South Highway 385 amid surging demand for parts the company sells to be used for the pipeline network moving oil and gas.
3. A woman was charged Tuesday after police observed her speeding through a residential neighborhood with her 3-year-old son in an unsecured child safety seat.
4. Permian and Odessa high schools recently hauled home a bunch of hardware — and banners — from the Crowd Pleasers Dance National Showcase in San Antonio.
5. IN SPORTS: Odessa High’s Cristian Baeza pitched a two-hitter and Jacob Munoz homered Wednesday as the Bronchos baseball team defeated Midland High 4-1 in District 2-6A baseball action at Pressly Field.