Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, April 12. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. As the Permian Basin boomed last year, the City of Odessa faced a familiar problem: A struggle getting workers who can make more in the oilfield.
2. The Education Foundation of Odessa has announced it will continue the AP/IB Campus Award Incentive Program in ECISD at the cost of $70 for the first AP or IB exam a student passes.
3. The Odessa Police Department announced Wednesday its March Officer of the Month, who conducted investigations resulting in nine felony arrests in March.
4. During a luncheon Wednesday spreading awareness of victims’ rights, State Rep. Brooks Landgraf pledged to re-file a bill that could help prevent domestic violence and protect victims.
5. IN SPORTS: The 2018 UTPB football schedule was released Wednesday featuring 11 games, with the Falcons playing four of them at Ratliff Stadium.