Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, April 10. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The city board overseeing economic development funds requested detailed financial information from the Odessa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce as part of a review underway that comes as the struggling organization prepares to seek new public funding following the abrupt removal of its leaders last month.
2. Ground rules and a scope of work were set for the new Ector County Independent School District Bond Advisory Committee that met Monday in the George H.W. Bush New Tech Odessa cafeteria.
3. A suspect was charged Sunday in connection with the fatal 2013 shooting of an 18-year-old man who died of his injuries more than a year later.
4. The annual Ector County Independent School District Horticulture Plant Sale is coming up April 23 through May 17 at the Greenhouse, 104 S. Grandview Ave.
5. A community meeting on a proposal from Texas Tech University to create an in-district charter school at Ector Middle School, 809 W. Clements St., is scheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday with dinner and student performances at 5 p.m.