The Odessa City Council on Tuesday approved awarding a more than $423,000 contract to repair five roofs in the June storm last year that brought baseball-sized hail.
The city’s insurance policy will cover the entire cost. The contract that the City Council will consider is with MRB Contractors of Irving.
The roofs that will be repaired are on two fire stations, the Sherwood Park Community Center and two utilities buildings.
IN OTHER BUSINESS, THE CITY COUNCIL:
- Discussed in a briefing session before the council meeting enforcement of the new truck routes ordinance, an update to the city’s financial report, an art program at City Hall and agenda items for the meeting.
- Approved City Council minutes from the March 27 meeting and the April 3 finance committee meeting.
- Approved authorizing the Odessa Police Department to accept an overtime reimbursement from the United States Marshals office a total of more than $18,000 for task force officers to find fugitives and for an operation.
- Approved authorizing the Odessa Police Department to accept a grant from the governor’s office for rifle-resistant body armor.
- Approved rejecting bids that came in over budget for renovation projects for the Slator Park and Sherwood Park community buildings.
- Approved a more than $82,000 contract for city-wide copier machines.
- Opened a public hearing and approved for the second and final time a request by Leeco Energy & Investments for a specific use permit to allow a salon or boutique in an Office Zoning District west of the intersection of East Ridge Road and Parks Legado Road.
- Opened a public hearing and approved for the second and final time a request by SMBC Leasing & Finance Inc. for original zoning of Planned Development-Light Industrial east of the intersection of South Faudree Road and Interstate 20.
- Approved for the second and final time an ordinance renewing the night curfew for people younger than 17.
- What: Odessa City Council meeting.
- When: Briefing begins at 5 p.m. Tuesday. The regular meeting begins at 6 p.m.
- Where: City Hall, 411 W. Eighth St., Fifth Floor.