GOOD NEWS: OPD Recognitions

Father Joseph Barbieri
OPD Chaplain

The Odessa Police Department has recently recognized the following:

OPD Chaplain Father Joseph Barbieri has been a priest for 33 years. He is currently at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church.

“It’s a pleasure, joy, and privilege to be able to serve those who serve, and to any way possible be of encouragement and support to them.” – Joseph Barbieri

For more information about the OPD chaplains program, visit odessapd.com/452/Police-Chaplain-Program.

Detective Holly Hughes

Detective Holly Hughes, formerly of Ohio, has worked for OPD for nine years. She grew up in farm country with soy beans and cornfields.

Captain John Sikes

Captain John Sikes will soon graduate from the prestigious FBI National Academy. “It has been a pleasure and an honor to represent the Odessa Police Department at the FBI National Academy. I’m convinced that Class 281 was truly representative of the best and the brightest the world has to offer. Thank you to the citizens of Odessa and Chief Gerke for the opportunity. I cannot wait to be back with my family and my OPD family,” Sikes said.

Others from OPD also attended the prestigious academy. They include: Deputy Chief Robert Doporto, Deputy Chief Matt Davidson and Captain Jerry Harvell. A plaque in the front lobby of OPD, lists other officers who have attended over the years as well.