GOOD NEWS: Lobo to Wolf: Chandre Nunez continues playing career overseas

Chandre Nunez. (WWW.SULROSS.EDU Sul Ross file photo)

ALPINE Former Sul Ross State University two-year women’s basketball starter Chandre Nunez is continuing her playing career overseas at the University of Worcester in Worcester, England.

“I made this move because I felt that this was the best choice for my life and for me to accomplish my dreams,” Nunez said. “I just want to be successful here, have a good year, enjoy this experience, grow as a person and just have fun. I want to thank everyone who supports me and is rooting for me.”

Nunez made an instant impact for the Wolves with 18 points in her season debut on Oct. 4 in a 63-57 win over the Bristol Flyers. She followed that with 18 points and five rebounds in an October 9 loss to the Loughborough Riders.

The Worcester Wolves play a 24 game schedule spanning from September 2021 to March of 2022.

Full Schedule

Nunez played for the Lobos for two seasons from 2018-2020.

She was named 2018-2019 American Southwest Conference West Division Newcomer of the Year and was named to the ASC All-West Division Second Team for the 2019-2020 season.

During the 2019-2020 season, Nunez led Sully in points per game (16.7), total points (418), free throw percentage (79.2%), steals (51), and total minutes (800). She was second in rebounds per game (6.6) and blocks (13).

The San Antonio native surpassed 1,000 points in her collegiate career with a 22-point performance against Hardin-Simmons on Feb. 15, 2020.

According to their website:

The Worcester Wolves are the West Midlands’ premier Basketball team playing in the British Wheelchair Basketball Women’s Premier League and the National Basketball League WNBL1 and NBL3.

The Club is owned by the University of Worcester and home games and training take place at the 2,000 seat University of Worcester Arena.

The club was formed in May 2000 and played through the league in the National Basketball League, the British Basketball League and Women’s National League, winning silverware across all competitions. The Worcester Wolves competed in the BBL between 2006 and 2021.

In 2021, the Worcester Wolves became one of the founding teams of the new British Wheelchair Basketball Women’s Premier League, the only professional Wheelchair Basketball League for women globally.