Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Sunday, Feb. 19. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Reviewing recent local standardized test results, Superintendent Tom Crowe said the lower-than-hoped-for scores may largely be due to a lack of confidence on the part of students, teachers and parents.
2. Tempered by his experiences on the family ranch south of Fort Stockton, State Rep. Brooks Landgraf is something of an old-fashioned man, more attuned to earlier times than the digital age.
3. The Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees will consider approving a resolution to initiate the process for consideration to be designated a District of Innovation at their meeting set for 6 p.m. Tuesday in the first-floor board room of the administration building, 802 N. Sam Houston Ave.
4. IN SPORTS: The Odessa College baseball team’s bats followed clutch pitching performances with a wealth of runs en route to an 11-2 and 11-1 sweep against the Saints on Saturday at American Legion Park.
5. IN SPORTS: The UTPB men’s basketball team was forced to play 15 extra minutes, but the Falcons eventually claimed a victory.