NUGGETS: God laughs

By Jannie Linney

“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of the mockers, but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night” [Ps.1:1 NIV]. Now if we want to be blessed, we have just read the instructions. God always helps us live a fulfilled life if we just listen to Him.

“Why do nations rage and the people plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against His anointed one. Let’s break their Chains, they say, and throw off all their fetters. The one enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. [Ps. 2:1-5].

Seems like everywhere we look and what we hear is trying to stop the things of God. Each time we allow them another victory, they start working on something else. A philosopher once said “Bad things happen because good men do nothing.”

They may win some victories in man’s laws, but what makes me so sad, is their loss in eternity. “And the Lord said, My Spirit Shall not always strive with man, for that he is also flesh” [Gen.6:3 KJV]. Many refuse to look at God from both sides. “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and forever” [Heb.13:8]. Jesus said “If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father.” God is a God of Love, but He is also a God of Judgment. He said “I am the Lord Thy God and I change not.”

God said “If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out My heart to you and made My thoughts known to you. But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand, since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you — when calamity overtakes you like a storm,” [Prov. 1:23-27]. This passage goes on to even more, but the good thing is “But whoever listens to me will live in safety, and be at ease, without fear of harm [v.33]. This is how I know even when things get bad, God will take care of His own. Even if we are beheaded, by our enemy, it just sends us on a trip to Jesus sooner!

Listen to this “The Lord shall Laugh at him: For He sees that his day is coming. The wicked have drawn out a sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation [Ps 37:13-14]. The wicked want to make the poor even poorer as they lie to get votes. Unsaved people easily lie!

Read the history of all the other nations that expected the government to meet all their needs. Real Poverty hit. Only The God in Heaven can meet our needs and He has expectations of us. He Said Those that don’t work, don’t eat. That and that alone would keep our nation going forward. He never expected 30% of the people to work and feed clothe and house the other 70%. The Government has no money of its own. Those who work and pay taxes are the ones that keep the Government in money. “Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell forevermore” [v.27]. The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever” [V.29]. Very soon now The Lord is coming back to receive His own unto Himself. He is coming for those who are “Looking for Him.” Are you ready?

We are not just talking about knowing and believing there is a God in Heaven, the creator of all things, but do you know Him. He said “My sheep hear my voice.” We must accept what Jesus did for us, invite Him into our heart and confess it to mankind. Confession is made into salvation [Rom.10:9-10]. Make sure; be sorry for all your sins. Live for Him every day. Because of our foolishness, we don’t want to hear “God Laugh!”