The Odessa College Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Zant Room of the Saulsbury Campus Center to consider approving the 2021 tax rate.
The proposed rate is .201723 per $100 valuation and the 2020 rate was .188965 per $100 valuation. The rate that would have triggered an election is .214653 per $100 valuation and the rate needed to bring in the same tax revenue as last year is .197289. It is now called the no new revenue tax rate.
The total budget for this year is $74,588,865, which includes $53,223,726 in unrestricted funds and $21,365,139 in restricted funds.
Some of the other items on the agenda are:
- Consider and approve track and field stadium Phase 1 bid – Hellas Construction.
- Report on approval of diesel trucks and trailers for truck driving programs.
- Report on approval of Advise Program addition to the Ellucian contract.
- Letter of agreement between OC Wrangler Club Inc. and Odessa College.
- Extension of depository contract with Frost Bank.
Report items are:
- Education report, social services.
- Institutional effectiveness report.
- Vision 2030 + update.
- President’s report with President Gregory Williams: OC 75th anniversary and groundbreaking; OC Resource Fair; Brian Jones named to Commission on Community College Finance; Nikki Brown named to Texas Transfer Framework Field of Student Discipline Subcommittee for Criminal Justice; and Odessa College stadium groundbreaking ceremony.