At the request of CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and to adhere to CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities, Medical Center Hospital is reducing visitation and reimplementing stricter visitation policies, effective Friday.
- Maternal and pediatric patients may have two visitors.
- Emergency room patients may have two visitors accompany them, but only one visitor may stay if the patient is admitted.
- Surgery patients may have two visitors during procedure (in surgery waiting room), but only one visitor may stay when taken back to room.
- All other patients (including COVID-19 positive patients) may have one visitor.
- Exceptions will be made for bereavement and end-of-life situations.
- No children visitors will be allowed (must be 18 and over).
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entry into the hospital.
- All visitors will once again be screened upon entry for symptoms of illness, including fever and receive a wristband for that day.
- Entrances for visitors into the hospital are restricted to Main Admitting (5 a.m. – 10 p.m. M-F/6 a.m. – 10 p.m. on weekends), Emergency Department (24 hours), and the Center for Women and Infants (24 hours).
- Visitors must stay in patient’s room during visit (no time limit, can stay overnight), but must be rescreened every 24 hours.
- Waiting rooms and lobbies are closed to visitors.
Exceptions include Surgery waiting room and ED waiting room (for patients that require supervision, including pediatric and elderly patients).