A variety of special recognitions policies and possible partnerships will be up for consideration by the Ector County Independent School District Board meeting set for 6 p.m. today in the first-floor boardroom of the administration building, 802 N. Sam Houston Ave.
Some of the items on the agenda are:
- Request for approval of an agreement between ECISD and the Boys and Girls Club of the Permian Basin for the construction, conveyance and leaseback of a club located at Downing Elementary School. The facility would be built by the Boys & Girls Club, donated to the school district, and leased back to the club for $1 a month for 30 years. The agreement would allow the district and the club to share facilities and provide after-school activities and sports programs to West Odessa through the Boys & Girls Club, the board recap said.
- Request for approval of the 2018-19 traditional calendar.
- Trustees will consider approval of a request for proposals for E-RATE and wide area network services and modulating electronics and E-RATE eligible products and services.
This is the first step in acquiring a new network infrastructure, the recap said.
When approved by trustees, the request for proposals will establish a cost for the projects. At that time ECISD will apply for E-RATE refunds which can be up to 80 percent of some costs.
Category 1 is fiber optic services and the supporting electronics to connect campuses for internet and telecommunication services. Category 2 is for access points, switches and back-up power devices to interconnect ECISD systems, the recap said.
- Discussion of a pre-college partnership with Odessa College.
- Discussion of improvement required campuses under state accountability standards.