Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, March 20. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Odessa City Council will meet today with appointees overseeing tens of millions of taxpayer dollars as they consider whether to keep funding the struggling Odessa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, which faces the prospect of losing its public support following the ouster of new leaders who sought reforms.
2. Among the items on the Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees agenda today is further discussion of rezoning attendance lines for elementary and middle schools.
3. Students at Marfa Independent School District were mourning the death of a teacher who worked with early college high students Monday.
4. Police charged a man after he reportedly sexually assaulted a teenage girl earlier this month.
5. IN SPORTS: The Odessa College Lady Wranglers defeated Harford (Md.) Community College 85-79 in the opening game of the NJCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship at Rip Griffin Center, holding on in the final minutes as the Fighting Owls cut a 17-point deficit to one.