Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, Jan. 31. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. While the ongoing oil and gas boom may be great news for the economy, a new documentary shows some of the more negative effects the boom can have on the environment and infrastructure as Permian Basin energy companies continue churning away.
2. An Odessa woman is dead and two children are in critical condition following a major crash that occurred Wednesday afternoon in north Odessa.
3. An 81-year-old church pastor was arrested and charged for the second time this month after inappropriately touching 15-year-old girls, affidavits detailed.
4. Electoral registers are up for review and the Ector County Elections Office will soon receive information identifying possible non-U.S. citizens registered to vote in the State of Texas.
5. A 19-year-old man reportedly chased two men in a pickup and left four gunfire marks in a pickup near Odessa High School.