Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, Jan. 25. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Odessa City Council members continued to debate the merits of adding a new at-large council member and giving the mayor a vote but focused their concerns Tuesday on geographical representation on the board as a May special election on the changes appears increasingly likely.
2. Ector County deputies took a man into custody Tuesday after he attempted to evade deputies in a vehicle reaching speeds of 100 miles per hour before crashing into a utility pole.
3. A man is facing felony charges after a 16-year-old girl reported someone stole her phone and backpack, at one point feared for her life.
4. The University of Texas of the Permian Basin ranked 25th among the most affordable colleges for online programs for 2018, according to the SR Education Group.
5. IN SPORTS: The Permian girls soccer team was victorious on the road Tuesday, taking down Lubbock Coronado 4-2 at Coronado High School. The Odessa High girls soccer team knew it needed to quickly fix a few things after its shutout loss against San Angelo Central Friday.