The Education Foundation has awarded more than $150,000 to ECISD teachers for innovative projects in the classroom for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Education Foundation hosted a dinner at The Barn Door South Forty for all grant recipients. The dinner on May 3 honored all grant recipients for their hard work and commitment to providing the students in ECISD with the best education possible, a news release said.
“We are honored to be able to award ECISD teachers with funds to go above and beyond in their teaching for our students,” Education Foundation Executive Director Celeste Potter said in the release. “All of the applicants are to be commended for their hard work and dedication to enhancing the learning process for the students in ECISD.”
Spring 2018 grant recipients include:
Carver Early Education Center
- Teacher(s): D’on Paquette
- Sing to Learn While Learning to Talk: $975.
- Unlocking the 5 Senses 1 Play at a Time: $997.
- Teacher(s): Ronda Rodriguez
- Small Scientists in the Making: $2,493.33
- Teacher(s): Valarie Shreves
- Flex Your Math Muscles: $3,295.
- Teacher(s): Michelle Whetstone
- Cashing in on Good Behavior 2: $1,500.
- Teacher(s): LaLonnie King
- Beyond our Campus: $1,247.50.
- Teacher(s): Lindsey Lee
- Sound All Around – $1,021.36.
- Teacher(s): Jennefer Hunt, Kimberly McCrury, Shanna Smith
- Workstations Galore: $1,500.
- Teacher(s): Claudia Lopez and Sonia Rocha
- Programming Students’ Minds to Success: $4,560.
- Teacher(s): Rhonda Tippit
- Just the Facts Jack: $3,295.
- Teacher(s): Valerie Rivera
- Kids Deserve It: $1,125.
- Teacher(s): Jo Ann Serrano
- A Virtual Field Trip: $3,650.
- Teacher(s): Nora Gonzalez
- Dream Big Project: $1,490.
- Teacher(s): Raquel Iker
- Count Me In: $1,160.
- Teacher(s): Kimberly Quiroz, Raquel Iker, Nora Gonzalez, Diana Richardson
- Chromeology: $1,937.40.
- Teacher(s): Deborah Pina
- Opening the Doors of the Mind: $559.80.
- Teacher(s): Danna Church
- Helping Dyslexic Students Succeed: $2,188.37.
- What Happens Next?: $1,000.
- Building Up STEAM in the Library: $2,559.90.
- Judging a Book by Its Cover: $1,000.
- Bluebonnet Books for Everyone: $760.25.
- Teacher(s): Rebecca Owens and Kim Davis
- Let the World Talk to Me!: $1,199.88.
- Teacher(s): Sandra Elms
- It’s Newsworthy – $1,450.
- Teacher(s): Shayna Mathews
- Reading is Essential to a Child’s Development: $3,050.
- Teacher(s): Lizbeth Jimenez
- Centering Around Reading: $1,909.41.
- Teacher(s): Shelley Carrillo
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It!: $2,153.98.
- Teacher(s): Janie Granath
- “Hey, I Didn’t Know That!” — Exciting Discoveries: $4,075.50.
- Teacher(s): Amy Barnes
- Young Authors: $3,300.
- Teacher(s): Janice Wilson
- Biography Book Purchase: $5,000.
- Teacher(s): Tara Browning
- Revolutionizing Learning with Technology: $9,407.20.
- Teacher(s): Deborah Carrasco, Anese Forsyth, Shelly Madrid, Jennifer Carrasco and Darlene Carrell
- iThink, iCreate, iCollaborate: $9,839.95
- Innovation Department and Hays Elementary
- Teacher(s): Gabriela Granado, Deborah Johnson and Penny Arnold
- Roach Research for the Real World: $3,032.14.
LBJ Elementary and Buice Elementary
- Teacher(s): Vanessa Brower and Johnna Rosson
- GT Trained-Gained-Obtained: $2,000.
- Bowie Middle School
- Teacher(s): Christopher Bartlett
- The Book Buddy Program: $3,500.
Wilson & Young Middle School
- Teacher(s): Whitney Rutledge
- Brass Overhaul: $2,940.
Alternative Education Center
- Teacher(s): Nancy Woodard, Shawn Oates, Michelle Boner, Rey Duran, James Porter
- Tier 3 Remediation: $5,151.30.
- Teacher(s): Lorissa Bright and Shelley Wagner
- Rube Goldberg Rocks: $216.81.
- Teacher(s): Elizabeth Gray
- Students to Present Space Station Experiment in D.C.: $3,358.
Odessa High School
- Teacher(s): Cheryl Sellars
- We Need to Pass!: $3,648.36.
- Teacher(s): Cheryl Sellars and Amy Herndon
- Make Us Mobile: $2,241.
- Teacher(s): Aide (Shelli) Emiliano
- Phenomenal Physics: $7,256.93.
- Teacher(s): Janet Weyant and Michelle Press
- Peek-A-Boo, I See You: $15,429.80.
- Teacher(s): Jimmy Olague and Steven Dojahn
- An Evening of Percussion: $2,000.
- Teacher(s): Steven Dojahn
- SmartMusic for Smart Musicians: $2,399.
- Advanced Academics Department
- Teacher(s): Heather Bland
- Everybody Has a Story — The Butterfly Effect: $4,516.65.
- Literacy Department
- Teacher(s): Amy Harvey
- Keeping the Arts Alive: $8,660.
- Instructional Technology Department
- Teacher(s): Wendy Boatright, Avery Hathorne, Lyn Domsten, Jessica Dominguez, Renee Jones
- Train Us to Train Them!: $6,830.
Education Foundation of Odessa