DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jan 27, 2021–
The "Global Airport Information Technology (IT) Market, 2025 – Digital Transformation to Drive Growth" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This research service will focus on the global airport information technology market across the various Tiers of airports (5 Tiers in total) and across 6 key regions, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and North America.
Airports need to embrace digital transformation to enhance the passenger experience and improve cost efficiencies.
Sensor technology is maturing and their cost is reducing considerably. These factors, along with low-latency communication technologies (5G communication) will drive large-scale adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) in airports in the long term. IoT will enable airports to optimally allocate resources, enhance the passenger experience, and reduce operational costs.
The future airport will be diversified, automated, passenger centric, and underpinned by secure and trusted data. There is an acknowledged shift in passenger expectations, with the ground experience becoming more important in the passenger journey. System integration leads to more competition among suppliers across airport touchpoints; consolidation is witnessed across key areas such as passenger processing, baggage handling, and operations management. Airports are focusing on solution providers that have an end-to-end solution portfolio for all their information technology requirements. There is an immediate requirement from airports to enhance passenger self-service and monitor safety guidelines compliance. This will require solution providers to accelerate innovation to deliver high-priority solutions for the post-pandemic market. Airports’ information technology is largely based on legacy systems. This hinders their innovation and increases complexity for IT operations. There is slow adoption of cloud-based infrastructure and solutions as airports are gradually migrating workloads to the cloud infrastructure.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly reduced the technology-spending capability of airports globally. Airports will still invest in digital solutions that are of high priority in the short term (e.g., passenger self-service, passenger flow management). System integration is a key challenge due to its complex and time-intensive nature. It is largely done by mature participants in the market and is a key market opportunity for solution providers. There has been a negative impact on the overall revenue of airports due to the drastic reduction in passenger traffic. However, investments into digital solutions are still active, as solution providers are developing solutions that can ensure a safe and healthy passenger experience (e.g., contactless self-service). Airports defer long-term projects that are time and cost intensive, whereas they prioritize solutions that are critical to attracting passengers and ensuring safety for passengers and employees.
Two key factors that are essential to the growth of this market are the type of airport ownership and estimated passenger traffic growth. Private airport operators have higher technology investment spending capability, high adoption rates of next-generation technologies (e.g., artificial intelligence), reduced bureaucratic challenges, and a high focus on ensuring a seamless and enjoyable passenger experience. Airports with high passenger traffic will need to ensure smooth transition of passengers at the airport and reduce aircraft turnaround times during peak hours.
- TAV Technologies
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Airport Information Technology Market
3. Market Overview
- Top Transformational Shifts Expected to Shape Airports
- Current Challenges of Airport Management
- Airport Operator IT Systems Landscape
4. Digital Transformation – Airports
- Airport Innovation Roadmap
- Objectives for Airport Digital Transformation
- Key Challenges Around Airport Digital Transformation
- Pillars of Airport Digital Transformation
- Decision Making Criteria in the Choice of Digital Projects
- Digital Solution Penetration by Technology
5. Key Airport Processes
6. Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Impact
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Airports: Future Outlook
7. Key Market Trends
- Growing Demand Leading to Infrastructure Constraint
- Digitalization of Airports
- Data Protection and Privacy Regulations
8. Key Technology Trends
9. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Airport Information Technology Market by Segment Analysis: Tier 1
10. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Airport Information Technology Market by Segment Analysis: Tier 2
11. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Airport Information Technology Market by Segment Analysis: Tier 3
12. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Airport Information Technology Market by Segment Analysis: Tier 4
13. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Airport Information Technology Market by Segment Analysis: Tier 5
14. Growth Opportunity Universe – Global Airport Information Technology Market
- Growth Opportunity 1: Provide a Comprehensive End-to-end Portfolio
- Growth Opportunity 2: Accelerate Innovation to Deliver Priority Solutions for Post Pandemic Market
- Growth Opportunity 3: Large-scale Adoption of Cloud-based Solutions
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
15. The Last Word
16. Next Steps
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/zd2zy7
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210127005688/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: DATA MANAGEMENT SECURITY AIR TECHNOLOGY TRANSPORT INTERNET
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 01/27/2021 11:05 AM/DISC: 01/27/2021 11:05 AM