The Odessa College Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Joe Zant Jr. Community Room on the second floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center, 201 W. University Blvd.
The report from President Gregory Williams includes the Fab Lab grand opening Feb. 1 at Sedate Hall, a schedule of Black History Month activities and the Globe Theatre campaign finale, among other items.
Fab Labs, short for fabrication labs, provide access to digital fabrication technologies that have “redefined the modern means for invention,” OC’s announcement said. They offer everything from 3-D printers to computer-controlled laser cutters to make “almost anything,” the announcement said.
The goal of the Globe Theatre revitalization campaign was $750,000 to refurbish the venue.
Some of the other items on the agenda are:
- Introduction and badge pinning of campus police officer Jo Alvarez.
- Report on bid for Sports Center lockers.
- Report on bid for Dell servers.
- Renewal of terms of Odessa College Foundation directors.
- Appoint representative to the Globe board.
- Call for Election and adoption of election order. Election for open seats on the board of trustees is May 6. Filing ends Feb. 17.
Terms for Odessa College Board of Trustees Assistant Secretary Bruce Shearer and members Richard Abalos and Tara Deaver also are up this year. Shearer holds place 1; Abalos, place 2; and Deaver, place 8.