Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, March 8. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. A Pecos man accused of gunning down his wife in January following an argument has been indicted by an Ector County Grand jury on a charge of murder, Ector County District Attorney Bobby Bland said Tuesday.
2. An Odessa doctor accused of killing two of his neighbor’s dogs has been indicted by a grand jury.
3. A small company with assets globally announced plans Tuesday to build a $450 million crude oil refinery about 20 miles northeast of Fort Stockton.
4. IN SPORTS: The Odessa High girls soccer team played solid throughout its District 2-6A game to defeat Midland Lee 4-0 at Ratliff Stadium. Four different Lady Bronchos scored in the game to propel them to a playoff berth. The Permian girls soccer team locked up its spot in the postseason with a 3-0 victory over Amarillo Tascosa.
5. IN SPORTS: The Odessa College Wranglers baseball team scored six runs during the seventh and eighth innings to claim their 12th straight victory during a nonconference contest against Midland College.