Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Feb. 21. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Texas Senator Ted Cruz spent Monday in Midland-Odessa touring the operations of XTO Energy Drilling and Pioneer Natural Resources while also listening to employees of the two companies during a lunch at Chito’s Mexican Restaurant.
2. After many years, radio has returned to the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, but not in the traditional form. MyFalcon Radio broadcasts on CBS 7, a local radio station, YouTube and through social media.
3. An Odessa family was left homeless early Monday afternoon by a wind-whipped fire. The Odessa Fire Department received multiple calls about the fire in at 3513 Rocky Lane about 12:40 p.m.
4. A Monahans man was killed in a two-vehicle accident at 1:40 a.m. Feb. 19 on U.S. Highway 285 nine miles southwest of Mentone.
5. IN SPORTS: Permian softball coach Kristin Williams had high expectations for the program when she took over for the 2015-16 season. Now, with the 2017 campaign in full swing, the only thing that has changed is the calendar — the expectations never will.