Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Friday, April 7. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott arrived in Midland on Thursday for a fundraiser benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Permian Basin. Boys and Girls Clubs of the Permian Basin Executive Director David Chancellor estimated that the evening’s black-tie event raised more than $300,000 for area clubs.
2. Odessa police are looking for two suspects who entered a 7-Eleven convenience store on West University Boulevard early Wednesday and ran off with three 12-packs of Bud Light, an unknown number of cigarette packs and evaded capture.
3. Ector County Commissioners will vote Monday on whether or not to issue $25 million worth of public debt for the expansion of the Ector County jail.
4. Crane High School Band Director Daniel Todd will be honored Saturday during a Midland-Odessa Symphony & Chorale concert event.
5. IN SPORTS: Permian’s boys and girls gymnastics teams will be hosting the Region III and state meets this month with the former taking place today and tomorrow.