Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, April 6. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The chairman of the House intelligence committee says he will temporarily step aside from the panel’s probe into Russian meddling in the election. Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Odessa, will temporarily take over.
2. A giant United Kingdom-based oilfield equipment supplier may decide to build a 92,000-square-feet facility off Interstate 20 in Odessa amid a spike in Permian Basin demand. But they want local tax incentives to do it.
3. Three Odessans were killed this week in two separate vehicle collisions, the Texas Department of Public Safety reported.
4. Following the state’s upward trend, Ector County Independent School District’s dual credit enrollment has seen huge growth for the past six years.
5. IN SPORTS: The Odessa High softball team put together a complete performance in a 9-1 win over Midland High on Wednesday night at the Ratliff Softball Complex to force a four-way tie for first place in the District 2-6A standings.