Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, April 5. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. A pair of deputies forgot about an inmate last week and left him overnight in an Ector County Courthouse holding cell, an error tantamount to losing a prisoner that violated state jail standards, Sheriff Mike Griffis confirmed Tuesday.
2. Ector County officials held a public meeting Tuesday to discuss a $25 million expansion to the county jail to help alleviate overcrowding issues and reduce costs associated with housing inmates in other jails across the state.
3. A two-year effort at upgrading all medical record keeping systems at Medical Center Hospital was met with success, an official told members Tuesday of the Ector County Health District’s Board of Directors.
4. City officials want your opinion about the Odessa’s water. Residents are encouraged to complete a survey to provide the city feedback regarding the taste and hardness of the city’s water.
5. IN SPORTS: After another title-winning campaign in 2016, the Midland RockHounds are ready to start a new season with a lot of familiar faces.