Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, April 13. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. A long-running battle over an effort by the family of oilman Clayton Williams Jr. to pump water to cities and industrial customers nears a resolution that could enable Odessa’s farsighted goal of finding a new and better water supply.
2. A proposed policy revision would change the way grade-point averages and class rankings are calculated for Ector County Independent School District high school students, staring with new ninth-graders in August.
3. The Odessa Police Department is investigating Monday’s medical aid call about an 8-year-old boy who reportedly became violently sick at a Grandview Avenue pizza restaurant.
4. Odessa High School senior Mauricio Romero is considering becoming a priest. He plans to attend Conception Seminary College in Northwest Missouri in the fall.
5. IN SPORTS: After one season at the helm of the Odessa High boys basketball program, Nate Bridges confirmed Wednesday during a phone interview that he has accepted the same job at Greenwood.