Ector County Commissioners are expected to discuss appointing an Ector County Elections Administrator during a special meeting 9 a.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners’ Courtroom.
Commissioners will vote Wednesday to accept the resignation of Elections Administrator Mitzi Scheible, effective Dec. 30, 2016. Elections administration said Friday that Scheible retired in December and Lisa Sertuche has been filling the position since then. Sertuche was the assistant administrator.
Ector County Commissioners’ Court will meet for a regular meeting at 10 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Courtroom.
Commissioners are expected to discuss the following items:
- The comprehensive Annual Financial Report and related reports for the year ending Sept. 30, 2016.
- A proposed interlocal agreement with Parker County for the housing and care of Ector County inmates.
- A proposed expansion of the scope of work with Sciens LLC to authorize Sciens LLC to perform a needs assessment with respect to Ector County’s current radio system and to study the development and implementation of alternatives designed to promote effective information sharing and improve the overall functioning and operation of the Ector County radio system.
- Authorization of a motion picture company to film on property owned by Ector County on and around Meteor Crater Road.
- A presentation to recognize the volunteers who helped with the landscaping for the Ector County Administration Building Annex.
- The purchase of a new 40-quart mixer for the CEC to replace the broken mixer and a budget amendment in the amount of $7,100.
- The donation of a trained canine to the Ector County Sheriff’s Office.
- A resolution for Fiscal Year 2018 victim assistance grant application.
- A county-provided mobile phone, in lieu of a cell phone allowance, as well as a county-provided tablet or mobile device for the Highways and Streets Director, and any necessary budget amendments.
- A resolution declaring the month of April 2017 as “Distracted Driving Awareness Month.”
- Authorization for the Safety/Risk Management Coordinator to distribute posters in association with and/or related to “Distracted Driving Awareness Month” to each department head and/or superintendent for posting for the month of April 2017 on their respective bulletin boards at their discretion, and authorization for the coordinator to submit the “Take the Pledge” document to department heads or superintendents for dissemination to their respective employees at their discretion, and authorization of the posting and submission of four website links regarding distracted driving to Ector County employees.
- A request from the Ector County Extension Office to post a sign on the glass front at the entrances to the Ector County Courthouse administration building, also known as the annex, providing notice to the public that no animals will be allowed inside, with the exception that service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability are welcome.
- Authorization for the Safety/Risk Management Coordinator to unilaterally settle undisputed property damage claims up to, but not exceeding, $5,000, based on the lowest of three property damage estimates obtained and to approve and authorize payment of any such settlements that are reached.
- Storage of an Emergency Medical Task Force Mobile Medical Unit at a county-owned hangar at Schlemeyer Airport.
- The abandonment of Crossroad Street as a county road with the cost of continued maintenance after said abandonment to be borne by private landowners instead of Ector County.
Awards of Bids/Proposals
- Award, reject or take other action regarding the following bids: liquid asphalt emulsions, asphalt patching material, graded base material, seal coat aggregate, and water.
- Approve, reject, modify, or take any other action on the following bid specification: water-based traffic paint.
- The proposed Indios baseball—Floyd Gwin Baseball Practice Agreement Kellus Turner Park Hold Harmless Agreement, allowing use and maintenance of the baseball diamond at Kellus Turner Park for baseball practices, but indemnifying and holding Ector County harmless against any losses and damages.
- The proposed Self-Directed Custodial Account Agreement with TMI Trust Company to ratify the county treasurer’s signature on the agreement and to authorize the county judge, county auditor and first assistant county auditor to sign the proposed agreement as necessary.
- An engagement letter and business associate agreement with Gabriel Roeder Smith & Company for the 2017 GASB OPEB valuation.
- The proposed AT&T ILEC Interstate DS1 agreement for services and/or products subject to Universal Services (E-Rate) Funding.
- The proposed Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and authorization for the county judge to sign the Enterprise Update Statement and all other documents associated.
- A one-year Digital Listings Management Service Agreement with Hibu.com for Ector County Coliseum to increase visibility on the web and authorize the county judge to sign the agreement and all other documents associated.
- Entering into a proposed Marketing Agreement between Ector County and Financial Marketing Concepts, Inc. d/b/a Coast2Coast Rx Card for a no cost prescription card that can provide revenue to the county.
- A report for the elevator that services the public for CEC and authorization for the county judge to sign the Otis Service and Repair Order and all documents associated.
- The renewal of the proposed Medical Services Agreement between Ector County and CareHere Management, PLLC.
- Several proposed amendments to the End User License Agreement and Professional Services Agreement between Ector County and Tyler Technologies, Inc. to add users for Odyssey Online—Licensed Software to be used by the Texas Department of Public Safety, Medical Center Hospital Police Department and the University of Texas of the Permian Basin.
- A proposed interlocal agreement between the Texas Department of Public Safety and Ector County for the purpose of issuing 20 licenses for DPS, two licenses for the Medical Center Hospital Police Department and two licenses for UTPB Police Department to access the County Odyssey Integrated Courts and Justice System.
- Incorporate, include and apply the language of the Flexible Benefits Plan (cafeteria plan), and summary plan description to the Ector County Employee Health Benefit Plan in order to meet the general consistency requirements under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code, as well as HIPAA special enrollment rights.
- Revised Ector County public works project plans and the Project Completion Report.
- The Gollaher MHRC Plans.
- A budget amendment in the amount of $55,000 for plumbing supplies and materials.
- A budget amendment to Special Departmental Equipment in the amount of $15,850.
- A budget amendment to the Coliseum Improvement Fund, Improvements and Construction in the amount of $15,850.
- A budget amendment to the Capital Improvement Fund, Improvements and Construction in the amount of $22,790.
- A budget amendment to the Coliseum Capital Improvement Fund, Improvements and Construction, in the amount of $11,932.
- The Accounts Payable Fund Requirements Report for March 27, 2017 to review county financial statements and reports.