The Ector County Commissioners Court will meet today to approve a study of county property aimed at reducing costs and improving facility operations.
Commissioners will also vote on whether to approve hiring a new lawyer for the County Attorney’s Office.
IN OTHER BUSINESS, COMMISSIONERS WILL:
- Consider approving the appointment of Richard ‘Buz’ Browning, Winston Kenworthy and Monnie Sparkman to the Ector County Airport Advisory Board.
- Consider approving upgrades to the main hangar by Wildcatter Aviation.
- Consider approving an additional premium to increase auto coverage from $75,000 to $90,000. Commissioners will also consider approving a contract with their insurance provider.
- Consider authorizing the United States Army Command to conduct an unconventional warfare exercise in April.
- Receive an update on building maintenance projects.
- Consider approving a bid on the West 16th Street and Knox Avenue project and another bid relating to asphalt and seal coating.
- Consider approving a change order relating to a roof project for the Ector County Law Enforcement Center.
- Consider approving the 2017 Indigent Defense Formula Grant of about $127,491.
- Consider approving a building maintenance plumbing project.
- Consider approving an agreement with County Information Resources Agency for technology services.
- Consider authorizing the Ector County Health Department to spend $600 on advertising related to an immunization grant.
- Consider approving funds for an epidemiology program.
- Consider approving Public Works Project Manager David Peck and other employees to have signatory authority on certain purchase orders and financial documents after another county employee retired.
- Consider hiring an employee to assist with the transition from bi-weekly payroll.
- Consider approving a budget amendment for a $6,668 donation to the Ector County Sheriff’s Office.
- Consider approving a criminal justice grant.