NASHVILLE, Tenn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 8, 2021– Today, the Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network, formerly the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, announced 19 abstracts and presentations have been accepted for presentation at the 2021 TCT | Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meetings of ASTCT and CIBMTR, held virtually from February 8-12, 2021. The meetings bring together thousands of healthcare professionals for a full scientific program that address the most timely issues in hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and cellular therapy. “We look forward to discussing the important developments in our rapidly evolving field at this year’s TCT meetings,” says Fred LeMaistre, MD, Physician-in-Chief of Blood Cancers, Sarah Cannon. “Sarah Cannon experts will share presentations focused on immune effector cell therapy and the efficacy and treatment standards of HCT for both adult and pediatric patients. Together, the advances we are making across the network will ultimately better serve our patients.” The Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network has evolved, as have the therapies it offers, to become the Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network in 2021. This transition reflects the latest advancements in the field and the broader options now available to patients. In 2020, the Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network performed ~1,200 hematopoietic cell transplants and treated more than 100 patients with various cellular therapies, including both FDA-approved and research options, across eight Foundation For The Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)/Joint Accreditation Committee ISCT-Europe & EBMT (JACIE) accredited sites. 2021 TCT | Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meetings of ASTCT and CIBMTR oral and poster presentations with Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network experts as first authors will be presented by:
- Haydar Frangoul, MD, MS, Medical Director, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Sarah Cannon Pediatric Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at TriStar Centennial, who will present “ Safety and Efficacy of CTX001 in Patients with Transfusion-Dependent β-Thalassemia (TDT) or Sickle Cell Disease (SCD): Early Results from the Climb THAL-111 and Climb SCD-121 Studies of Autologous CRISPR-Cas9-Modified CD34+ Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells (HSPCs) ” in an oral presentation on February 10 from 3-5 p.m. CST.
- Jesus G. Berdeja, MD, Director, Myeloma Research, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, who will present “ Efficacy and Safety of Idecabtagene Vicleucel (ide-cel, bb2121) in Elderly Patients with Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma: KarMMa Subgroup Analysis ” in a poster presentation on February 8 – February 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST.
- Therese Dodd, BA, MBA, RN, CPHQ, Quality Improvement Director, Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network, who will present “ Successful Virtual Mock FACT Inspection: How Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network and Texas Transplant Institute in San Antonio and Austin Made It Work ” and “ Resiliency During a COVID 19 Pandemic: The Quality Manager Perspective ” in two poster presentations on February 8 – February 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST.
- Alireza Eghtedar, MD, Associate Member Physician, Colorado Blood Cancer Institute at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center- HealthONE, who will present “ Non-Myeloablative Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (NMA HSCT) Utilizing Low-Dose Total Body Irradiation (TBI) Plus Fludarabine (Flu): A Comparison of Single-Center Based Flu 150 Mg/m2 Plus 400 Cgy TBI Versus Flu 90 Mg/m2 and 200 Cgy TBI Containing Regimens ” in a poster presentation on February 8 – February 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST.
- Racheal Peaytt, PharmD, PGY-2 Oncology Pharmacy Resident, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, who will present “ The Impact of Early Versus Late Tocilizumab Use in Patients with Cytokine Release Syndrome Receiving Immune Effector Cell Therapy ” in a poster presentation on February 8 – February 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST.
About The Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network The Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network, formerly the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, offers patients convenient, community-based access to complex blood cancer care, hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT), clinical trials, and innovative cellular therapies such as immune effector cell therapy. The Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network brings together programs across the United States and United Kingdom and is one of the largest providers of HCT, performing ~1,200 transplants annually through eight FACT/JACIE accredited transplant centers and more than 15,000 transplants since inception of its first program. The Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network programs include Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center in Austin, Texas, Medical City Dallas in Dallas, Colorado Blood Cancer Institute at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center- HealthONE in Denver, Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo., Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at TriStar Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, HCA Healthcare UK at University College Hospital, Private Care (London), Private Care at Guy’s at London Bridge Hospital (London) and The Christie Private Care, part of HCA Healthcare UK (Manchester). For more information about the Network and Sarah Cannon’s full suite of oncology services, visit sarahcannon.com. View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210208005103/en/ CONTACT: Becca Gelman Manager, Marketing and Communications, Sarah Cannon Rebecca.Gelman@SarahCannon.com KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA TENNESSEE INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ONCOLOGY HEALTH STEM CELLS RESEARCH SCIENCE PHARMACEUTICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY SOURCE: Sarah Cannon Research Institute Copyright Business Wire 2021. PUB: 02/08/2021 07:00 AM/DISC: 02/08/2021 07:01 AM http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210208005103/en