Odessa District of the Texas Department of Transportation has scheduled a public meeting in Fort Stockton to gather input from residents on rural transportation needs.
The meeting will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. May 10 at the Rooney Park Small Community Hall on Highway 285 in Fort Stockton.
The public meeting will gather input from the public to help the Odessa District develop the 2019-2022 Rural Transportation Improvement Program, which is the mechanism used by TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration to fund projects for the next four years, a TxDOT news release stated. It includes all federally funded projects.
For those who can’t attend the meeting, three exhibits will be available for review 15 days before and after the meeting. The exhibits are online at https://tinyurl.com/y9nkm9fy. The exhibits will also be available at the following locations:
- Andrews Maintenance Office, 1000 S. Main, Andrews.
- McCamey Maintenance Office, 830 W. Fifth Street, McCamey.
- Monahans Maintenance Office, 3411 S. Stockton, Monahans.
- Odessa District Office, 3901 E. Highway 80, Odessa.
- Pecos Maintenance Office, 197 South Frontage Road IH-20 West, Pecos.
- Sanderson Maintenance Office, 53 N. US Highway 285 Sanderson.
Written comments may be submitted to Texas Department of Transportation, Attention: Robert Ornelas, P.E., 3901 East Highway 80, Odessa, Texas, 79761 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A 15-day public comment period to submit written comments will close at the Odessa District Office at 5 p.m. May 25.
The Odessa District includes Andrews, Crane, Ector, Loving, Martin, Midland, Pecos, Reeves, Terrell, Upton, Ward and Winkler counties.