DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 8, 2021–
The "Myanmar Telecoms Industry Report – 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Myanmar is among the fastest developing telecommunications market in the world, mainly driven by the late investments from 2014 onwards. Myanmar, once labelled one of the world’s most repressive, censored and underdeveloped telecommunications sectors, has adopted a host of reforms to rapidly improve the nation’s economy and quality of life of its citizens.
The publisher expects the Burmese telecommunications industry to continue its expansion thanks to the defensiveness of the sector and despite the social and public health impacts, amid an uncertain political and economic outlook due to the 2021 military coup and the Covid-19 pandemic.
Growing mobile phone penetration and high fixed broadband take-up among households will fuel future growth over the next five years.
Following the market expansion over the last 5 years, the author forecasts subdued revenue growth growing to 2025, with the Covid-19 pandemic, the diminishing impact of declining legacy voice and SMS revenue and low population growth.
Fixed lines subscriptions remains very small and stagnating while fixed broadband is slowly taking off with subscriptions comprising mostly of FTTH connections, broadband fibre investments are emerging and growth is expected to flow through over the forecast period.
The telecommunications market is dominated by one large incumbent integrated operator – Myanmar Post Telecommunications – with mobile and fixed infrastructure competing with three other mobile operators, Ooredoo Myanmar, Telenor Myanmar and MyTel and emerging fibre broadband operators, YTP, MyanmarNet and 5BB Broadband.
Overall revenue share shifted to the new entrants at the expense of MPT over the 2014-2019 period. The telecommunications revenue profile highlights the expansion of Ooredoo Myanmar and Telenor Myanmar from a standing start in 2014 while MPT faced pressure in its mobile business facing off the new entrants and registering a decline in revenue from 2014 to 2017
This report provides analyses of revenue and market forecasts as well as statistics of the Myanmar telecoms industry including market sizing, 5-year forecasts, market insights, key telecom trends, 5G and also features the following:
- Overall Telecommunications Market by Major Operators
- Telco Operators Profile, Revenue and EBITDA Mix
- Mobile Subscribers & Revenue Market Overview and Forecasts
- Spectrum Holdings
- IoT Market Overview
- Telecoms Infrastructure Review: Towers, backbone fibre, submarine cables & data centres
- Broadband Subscribers & Revenue Market Overview and Forecasts
- National Broadband Network Detailed Market Overview and Forecasts
- Thematics / Opportunities relating to 5G, M&A and e-Commerce
- Telco M&A Transaction Database
Why You Should Buy the Myanmar Telecoms Industry Report:
- Benefit from the latest market opportunities
- Understand the threats to your operations and investments and protect your company against future risks
- Gain insights on emerging trends supporting, enhancing or disrupting your activities in the market
- Get a full view of the competitive landscape to assess your market position.
- Forecasts as a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the telecoms market
- Target business opportunities and risks in the telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Operators Profiles
- 5BB Broadband
- Hyalroute (MFOCN)
- Irrawaddy Green Tower (IGT)
- Myanmar Post & Telecommunications (MPT)
- Ooredoo Myanmar
- Telenor Myanmar
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z927zg
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210208005537/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: MYANMAR ASIA PACIFIC
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY MOBILE/WIRELESS NETWORKS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 02/08/2021 10:03 AM/DISC: 02/08/2021 10:03 AM