The Odessa College Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. today in the Zant Community Room on the second floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center on campus at 201 W. University Blvd.
One of the items on the agenda is demolition of the baseball field for a new stadium.
Director of Media Relations Cheri Dalton said her understanding is that Ector County is giving the land to OC.
The baseball team will play its last game on the field Saturday, Dalton said.
Dalton said the college expects to have the field cleared, demolished and finished by next baseball season.
In the education report, Vice President for Instruction Valerie Jones will talk about a transition to schools as opposed to metamajors. Dalton said the college currently has metamajors of science, technology, engineering and math; public and consumer service; health science; business and industry; and arts and humanities.
The metamajors offer a broader range of subjects in the different areas so students don’t have to pinpoint what they want to study right away, Dalton said.
Some of the other items on the agenda are:
- Approval of dual credit tuition rates.
- Approval of tuition waiver for ECISD dual credit for the first six hours.
- Approval of addendum to the bookstore management agreement.
- Approval of room and board rates for 2018-19.
- Resolution to approve submission of a grant application for the National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS) Transition Grant to the office of the governor.
- Reappointment of the college attorney.
- Renewal of terms of the directors of the Odessa College Foundation.
- An executive session for personnel including recommendations for administrative appointments: President Gregory Williams; Vice President for Business Affairs Virginia Chisum; Vice President for Instruction Valerie Jones; Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management Kim McKay; Vice President for Information Technology Shawn Shreves; and Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness Don Wood.
- A report from Williams including graduation on May 12; the Drive to Success Mustang and F-150 giveaway; student awards of excellence; donation of the American Legion field to OC; Jones testified before the Senate Higher Education Committee in Austin; Chair of Visual and Performing Arts Eric Baker named Odessa Arts Volunteer of the Year; Laura Clark, 2018 Phi Theta Kappa Guistwhite Scholarship recipient.
- Notice of regular meeting (pdf link).