Ector County Commissioners will meet during their regularly scheduled meeting Monday to consider approving a proposed paving of unpaved streets in Precinct 4.
The meeting is at 10 a.m. in the commissioners’ courtroom located in the Ector County Administration building annex, 1010 E. Eighth St.
The proposal involves the paving of 11.2 miles of unpaved streets in Precinct 4, and a deal with Landgraf, Crutcher & Associates to provide all surveying and engineering services at a cost of no more than $77,050.
Precinct 4 Commissioner Armando Rodriguez said LCA must conduct surveying to determine exact perimeters of the unpaved roads, which are county property and which are residential property.
Rodriguez said it looks like this project will encompass all of the unpaved roads in Precinct 4, but that won’t be known for sure until after the survey.
The total estimated cost of the project, $1,186,195, would be used for labor and materials. Both the survey cost and the total estimated cost of the project would be paid through the county’s reserved fund, Rodriguez said, but the project may end up costing more after the survey. And with the county’s tight budget, Rodriguez said the project may take several stages.
The agenda shows the commissioners’ court also plans to discuss legal matters, personnel matters and real estate issues during executive session.
IN OTHER BUSINESS, COMMISSIONERS:
- Will consider a request for the county to assume maintenance and liability for the newly constructed 220.1 feet of N. Vista Grande Avenue.
- Will consider a preliminary plot pilot flying J south addition being an 11.42 acre tract located in section 45, block 43, T-2-S T&P RR. Co. Survey.
- Will consider the proposed Magana MHRC 1.9650 acre tract in Broncho subdivision, block 8, lots 2 and 3.
- Will consider the proposed Hoyt addition being a plat of a 5.02 acre tract located in the east half of section 7, block 41, T-1-S, T&P RY. Co. survey abstract No. 52.
- Will receive the accounts payable fund requirements report for Feb. 12, 2018.