ALPINE Sul Ross State University Athletics was well represented as more than 50 student-athletes and student assistants were listed to the fall 2017 Dean’s List.
The list recognizes students who maintain a grade point average of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Undergraduate students enrolled for 12 or more semester credit hours are eligible for the Dean’s List.
Graduate hours are not included in the computations.
“Being named to the Dean’s List is a great academic achievement,” said director of athletics Bobby Mesker. “The ability to maintain a GPA above 3.3 while being an athlete is something these individuals should be proud of.”
“A student-athlete’s time and commitment is exhausting but I’ve seen many of our players excel when they’re committed to getting their degree,” he said.
Dean’s List student-athletes are listed under their respective sports with hometown included.
- Baseball: Ryan Almager, Lubbock; Chris Browning, Lubbock; Jonas Brucker, El Paso; Tyler Droke, El Paso; Guillermo Loera, El Paso; Jose Luna, Andrews; Mike Munden, El Paso; Jacob Ochoa, Levelland; Mikel Vedder, Forsan; Robert Vedder, Forsan.
- Cross Country: Joseph Parker, Burnet.
- Football: Fabian Baeza, Presidio; James Davis, Houston; Damian Espinoza, El Paso; Edgar Hinojosa, Dickinson; Seth Hogan, Monahans; Jordan Lewandowski, Milwaukee, Wisc.; Marcus Montez, Monahans; Ryan Robinson, Austin; Paul Rodriguez, Weslaco; Steven Savedra, El Paso; Jacques Wisner, Dallas.
- Men’s Basketball: Jabri Dixon, Amarillo; Jace Perkins, Farwell; Caleb Thomasson, Ackerly; Stephen Walker, Houston.
- Men’s Tennis: Kyle Ferguson, Floresville.
- Softball: Darrian Doederlein, Lamesa.
- Student Assistant: Victoria Rios, El Paso.
- Women’s Basketball: Kiera Cosby, North Zulch; Kyela Cosby, North Zulch; Milan Barnes, Eastvale, Ca.; Taylor Gass, Gail; Lindsey Hall- Schwegmann, Schertz; Angalyn Latin, Houston; Erica Solomon- Powell, Conroe; Jessy Stanley, Mount Pleasant.
- Women’s Soccer: Maria Alatorre, El Paso; Britney Berumen, El Paso; Tayla Juarez, Mico; Hailey Pace, Oakley, Ca.; Myranda Rodriguez, New Braunfels; Kelly Swenson, Round Rock.
- Women’s Tennis: Alexa Gallardo, El Paso.
- Volleyball: Emily Campos, San Angelo; Athena Gundy, Pflugerville; Alesi Hernandez, Odessa; Alyssa Lanahan, El Paso; Madelyn Perez, San Antonio; Ashton Weaver, Springtown; Hannah Zly, Killeen.