DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 25, 2021–
The "Modular Data Center Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global modular data center market was valued at USD 21.65 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 89.9 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 27.35% over the forecast period of 2021-2026.
- IBM Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Dell EMC
- HPE Company
- Baselayer Technology LLC
- Vertiv Co.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Cannon Technologies Ltd
- Rittal Gmbh & Co. KG
- Instant Data Centers LLC
- Colt Group SA
- Bladeroom Group Ltd.
Key Market Trends
Telecom Sector to Hold Significant Market Growth
- The telecom providers, to optimize their networks and the digital services running on them, are going to need more compute and storage capacity to be deployed across carrier networks. Additionally, the increasing 4G penetration and the upcoming 5G wave are further motivating telecom vendors to invest in the modular data center market for more network functionality and a much higher ability to manage networks around the edges due to high data traffic.
- As carriers can be benefitted in terms of network service optimization, edge computing has become almost a common practice in the telecom industry. The telecom operators are estimated to deploy micro modular data centers, along with 5G cell towers, in order to provide enterprises across industries better network connectivity.
- For instance, according to the Ericsson Mobility report, in the North American region, 5G subscriptions are expected to account for 55% of mobile subscriptions by the end of 2024. As 5G has to ensure higher speeds and lower latency, telecom vendors would turn toward edge computing.
- In December 2019, Amazon Web Services and Verizon announced a partnership called 5G edge cloud computing to help build new applications, IoT-empowered capabilities, and net-new value innovations. Verizon would be offering secure connections to AWS’s nearby cloud data centers (edge gateways), so one can tie in its compute and storage services through its 5G network.
- Since the advent of the internet, telecommunication has been one of the major driving forces behind global development and value creation. Recently, there have been many changes occurring in the telecommunications industry, which can easily be attributed to the advancement in technology. High rates of growth are being forecast for this fastest-growing market.
- The recent telecom operator to deploy a modular data center is T-mobile. The deployment of the modular data center was commissioned by Emerson Network Power and was in line with the industry’s trend to consolidate its data center infrastructure to maintain the operating costs and reduce carbon footprint.
North America Accounts for the Significant Market Share
- The growth of mobile broadband, an increase in big data analytics, and cloud computing are driving the demand for new data center infrastructures in the region. North America region comprises a considerable amount of data centers, and many enterprises are switching from hardware to software-based services is estimated to be an addressable market for data center installations.
- According to the cloud scene, there are 2517 data centers in the United States, 253 data centers in Canada, and 2 data centers in Cayman islands, and 2,252 service providers in the United States with 60 network fabrics in 2020. Also, according to a report by CBRE, the total capacity of United States primary data center markets grew by 200 megawatts(MW) or 8% in H1 2019.
- The country is expanding its capacity with more than 411 MW, which is currently under construction. The primary United States wholesale data center markets recorded a combined 171 MW of net absorption in H1 2019, which is more than 56% of the 2018 full-year record.
- The modular data centers are at least 60% faster to deploy and provide a cost savings of 13% or more compared to traditional data center power and cooling infrastructure. Hence, modular is also helping in overcoming the rising energy crises due to growing data and data center’s infrastructure.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Mobility and Scalability of Modular Data Centers
4.5.2 Disaster Recovery Advantages
4.6 Market Challenges
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Solution and Services
5.3 End User
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/anrqlz
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210225005543/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY NETWORKS DATA MANAGEMENT
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 02/25/2021 07:00 AM/DISC: 02/25/2021 07:02 AM