DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 24, 2021–
The "Data Center Accelerator Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Data Center Accelerator Market was valued at USD 6.59 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 14.75 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 14.98% over the forecast period 2021-2026.
The COVID-19 pandemic has posed additional stress on the overall economy across sectors. It has also shifted focus towards a digital economy. Alibaba Cloud, China’s top cloud computing provider, is investing billions in building next-generation data centers to support digital transformation needs in a "post-pandemic world. In April 2020, Alibaba Cloud announced that over the next three years, it would invest RMB 200 billion in core technologies and future-oriented data centers.
- Intel Corporation
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
- Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
- Xilinx Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Key Market Trends
FPGA to Drive the Market Growth
- FPGAs (Field programmable gate arrays) are pre-fabricated silicon devices that can be programmed electrically (post-manufacturing) to become almost any kind of digital system. They are an array of configurable logic blocks (CLBs) connected with programmable interconnects and can be reprogrammed to the desired application requirements after manufacturing.
- The adoption of FPGA chips across all industries is driven by the fact that they combine the best parts of processor-based systems and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs). In addition to this, for low-to-medium volume productions, FPGAs provide cheaper solutions and faster time to market than ASIC, which normally requires a lot of resources, in terms of time and capital, to obtain the first device.
- FPGA in accelerators increase real-time inference throughput versus high-end CPUs, and reduce latency versus GPUs, providing significant merit when running real-time inference applications. Owing to this, FPGA is anticipated to become a significant area of investment by several players.
North America to Hold Maximum Market Share
- The United States currently has the highest number of data centers globally and is witnessing robust growth in terms of volume of big data and traffic due to the increase in the number of hyperscale data centers. According to Cisco Systems, the volume of big data in data center storage worldwide is expected to reach 403 exabytes by 2021, of which a considerable share will be accounted for by the US.
- The overall GDP of the United States is over USD 18 trillion, in which the digital economy contributes over 7.1% to it. By the end of 2018, this digital economy included over 345.66 million internet users in the country. Also, the data center industry in the country is significantly growing due to the rapidly increasing IT and Telecommunication industry. According to the Cloudscene, the country consists of more than 2,400 data centers, as of September 2019.
- In the United States, the US Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville Information Technology Services High-Performance Computing (HPC) program supports the HPC Modernization Program (HPCMP) of the US Department of Defense (DOD) through procurement of various HPC systems (supercomputers), with over 5 PetaFLOPS of computing capability and over 50 PetaBytes of mass storage archives.
- The HPCMP program accelerates the development and transition of advanced defense technologies into superior war-fighting capabilities, by exploiting and strengthening the United States leadership in supercomputing, communications, and computational modeling.
- Besides, the region also accounts for the majority of the world’s hyperscale data centers, mainly owing to the propelling HPC industry in the United States. Due to this, the majority of the supplies from Cisco, IBM, NVIDIA, Intel cater to the US demand.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Deployment of AI in HPC Data Centers
5.1.2 Increasing Deployment of Data Center Facilities and Cloud-Based Services
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Limited AI Hardware Experts Coupled with Infrastructural Concerns
6 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
6.1 Impact of deep learning, public cloud interface, and enterprise interface on the data center accelerators
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Processor Type
7.2 By Accelerator Type
7.3.1 North America
7.3.3 Asia Pacific
7.3.4 Latin America
7.3.5 Middle East & Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ftljml
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224005897/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY HARDWARE SEMICONDUCTOR DATA MANAGEMENT
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 02/24/2021 01:19 PM/DISC: 02/24/2021 01:19 PM