Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Friday, May 11. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. City leaders approved an overhaul of two public incentive programs on Thursday aimed at spurring downtown development, reworking grants the city offers so the funds will be used in a more concentrated area and setting stricter criteria for eligible projects.
2. Aboard three buses, the Ector County Bond Advisory Committee took a tour of five facilities to get an idea of the condition of some of Ector County Independent School District’s campuses.
3. A jury trial for 23-year-old Grace McDonald, who is facing a capital murder charge, was rescheduled after attorneys said Thursday her trial was scheduled too closely to her adoptive brother 19-year-old Gabe McDonald’s trial.
4. A 2-year-old boy died late Wednesday afternoon after he reportedly fell into a pool Monday in Pleasant Farms.
5. IN SPORTS: After 17 practices that started nearly a month ago, Odessa High’s spring slate closed with the Red and White Game.