Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Monday, March 26. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. City leaders plan to put the brakes on programs offering public funds to developers who spruce up downtown buildings while officials tweak the 2-year-old program in hopes of better results revitalizing the long blighted area.
2. Ector County commissioners will receive the comprehensive annual financial report for the 2017 Fiscal Year during their regularly scheduled meeting today.
3. A combination of depressed property values and the state eliminating a type of school funding has prompted Crane ISD to not renew some of probationary contracts for next year.
4. A punching bag may not seem like the best medicine for Parkinson’s disease, but it seems to have helped students in the Rock Steady Boxing class at Pecos County Memorial Hospital in Fort Stockton.
5. IN SPORTS: The Permian boys gymnastics team stood atop the podium Saturday afternoon at Permian High School. They bested second-place San Angelo Central by more than 12 points (329.80-317.40).