Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, June 19. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Oil giants Exxon Mobil, Chevron and Royal Dutch Shell must ramp up spending to hit growth targets in the booming Permian Basin, spurring more consolidation and inflated oilfield services costs in the area, according to a new report released today from IHS Markit.
2. Police responded to a Monday morning motorcycle crash that left one Louisiana man dead in southeast Odessa.
3. Construction began on the Ector County Law Enforcement Center expansion more than two months ago, and progress is starting to show as the foundation is beginning to take form.
4. A special meeting will take place tonight after the Ector County Hospital District board was deadlocked June 6 on who would be board president.
5. IN SPORTS: The North American One-Armed Golfer Association Championship began Monday, at the Odessa Country Club.