Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Friday, June 15. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Fired OPD Cpl. Cory Wester’s attorney said he will appeal his termination saying Wester’s actions were in compliance with Odessa Police Department procedures.
2. Soaring sales tax revenue collected by the City of Odessa in June topped Midland for the fourth consecutive month — an unusual trend likely resulting from Odessa’s robust oilfield services sector.
3. The Permian Basin Mission Center is asking the public for help with providing box fans for the clients they serve, who may not be able to afford ways to keep cool.
4. The Odessa Development Corporation moved Thursday to free up greater funds for programs that promote the city, including one of two public incentive programs aimed at spurring downtown development that city leaders recently overhauled.
5. Two women and a man were charged Thursday in connection with a shooting at Kent Kwik last month.