Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Monday, June 11. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The jury trial for 19-year-old Gabe McDonald who is accused in the shooting deaths of his parents begins today.
2. The annual Juneteenth Celebration in Odessa has become a family affair for Hatcher and his girls, just as it has for so many members of the West Texas community — and the festivities are set to gear up again this weekend for four days of fun starting Friday.
3. From the front of their building, Catholic Charities may not look open, or even occupied, but they have been back in the building for a few weeks, offering whatever services they can to their impoverished clientele.
4. A nonprofit organization aimed at helping women attain self sufficiency is expected to open in Odessa during the next couple of months.
5. IN SPORTS: The first time was the charm for Micah Rodgers and Tad Darland. The former Odessa College teammates shot 63 on Saturday at Odessa Country Club’s Links Course to win the Championship Flight in their first year of eligibility.