Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Jan. 29. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Questions still remain about an argument between District 1 City Council Member Malcolm Hamilton and Interim City Attorney Gary Landers, but it looks like many of them will go unanswered for now as Landers said the investigation remains open.
2. A 47-year-old Odessa man died in a two-vehicle collision Monday in southeast Odessa.
3. State Rep. Brooks Landgraf, R-Odessa, has filed legislation that aims to reduce the number of overpass strikes caused by over-height semi-trucks.
4. Crisis Center of West Texas will have the grand opening of the Louise Wood Angel House, 901 S. Lincoln Ave., from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Feb. 19.
5. IN SPORTS: The second half of district play gets underway in the renewal of the crosstown rivalry as the Odessa High boys basketball team hosts Permian at 7:30 tonight at the Odessa High Fieldhouse.