Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Monday, Jan. 28. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Ector County Highways and Streets Department will begin the next steps that will lead to repairing deteriorating county roads.
2. Ector County officials suggest an answer to illegal dumping could be joining forces with the city to tackle a problem that extends beyond county lines.
3. A freedom of information request revealed an October police report that details that interim City Attorney Gary Landers said he was threatened and feared a physical assault by Odessa City Councilman Malcolm Hamilton and that Landers wanted the incident documented in a police report.
4. The bestselling author of “Churchill: Walking with Destiny” is scheduled to speak at a John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Institute lecture at 7 p.m. Feb. 6 at the Globe Theater, 201 W. University Blvd.
5. Ector County ISD’s Director of School Nutrition Katy Taylor Hoyng has started a blog to let people know how school district food service works.