Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, Jan. 23. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Odessa City Council unanimously approved supporting legislative efforts to use hotel tax funds to build or expand a sports complex in the city.
2. The Ector County Sheriff’s Office has scheduled a Hamburger Cookout Benefit Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Ector County Coliseum Barn A.
3. Three men were arrested and charged after a 14-year-old girl, methamphetamine and a rifle with a scratched serial number were found in their motel room.
4. All-state musicians from Odessa and Permian high schools will journey to the Texas Music Educators Association clinic and convention next month.
5. Having worked in nonprofits and with people in crisis for much of her career, Crisis Center of West Texas Executive Director Lorie Dunnam feels ready to take on her new position.