Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Friday, Jan. 19. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The City of Odessa is still fighting to withhold records showing whether the legal assistant who filed a federal sexual harassment complaint against the city attorney received taxpayer money as part of a settlement.
2. Nearly six dozen Oncor trucks are expected to reaching the northern shore of Puerto Rico on Friday morning, in a coordinated effort to restore power to the island following Hurricane Maria.
3. Odessa Police, with the help of the U.S. Marshals Service and the Department of Public Safety, apprehended a New Mexico fugitive suspected of a homicide Wednesday.
4. Local celebrities from around Odessa and Midland have agreed to get up and dance in front of hundreds of people — not for any mere prize, but to raise money for a cause.
5. IN SPORTS: The No. 11 UTPB men’s basketball team beat No. 10 Texas A&M-Commerce 64-63 to put the Falcons back on top of the Lone Star Conference standings, and earn UTPB its second win over top-10 team this season at home.