Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, Feb. 7. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. A probable cause affidavit details a fatal shooting in what Odessa Police Department officials are calling Odessa’s first murder of 2018.
2. Medical Center Hospital and Odessa Regional Medical Center still have to work around a shortage of IV bags that occurred after Hurricane Maria in fall 2017.
3. The Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees met in closed session to talk with attorneys Mike Atkins and David Thompson about laws that govern districts with chronically low-performing schools.
4. The Odessa Police Department is investigating two reported shootings at two different apartment complexes Monday.
5. IN SPORTS: The Permian boys basketball team clinched the No. 1 playoff seed from District 2-6A Tuesday night with a 62-52 win over Amarillo Tascosa.