Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Feb. 6. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Ector County Judge Ron Eckert plans to ask commissioners next week to ask voters again in May to approve a county sales tax district, six months after a previous effort was rejected by a nearly 2-1 margin.
2. The Odessa Police Department has issued capital murder charges to two suspects believed to be involved in a fatal overnight shooting on Feb. 1.
3. A man was charged by police Thursday after he reportedly broke into his ex-common law wife’s apartment and sexually assaulted her in the bedroom while their children were there.
4. The Ellen Noel Art Museum will host its biggest fundraiser of the year in just less than three weeks, Shrimpfest, featuring a night of live New Orleans-style music, auctions and, of course, shrimp.
5. IN SPORTS: The Permian boys basketball team can lock up the No. 1 playoff seed from District 2-6A on Tuesday night with a road win over Amarillo Tascosa. Tipoff is at 7:30. The Odessa High boys basketball team looks to get back on the right track Tuesday night against Midland High at 7:30 p.m. at the OHS Fieldhouse.