Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, Feb. 28. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Odessa City Council voted Tuesday for the second and final time to call a November election that will allow Odessans to decide whether to add a new council member and give the mayor a vote, allaying worry that council members would refuse even though state law required them to do it.
2. An increase in tuition and fees approved by the Odessa College Board of Trustees will bring in about $500,000 in additional revenue to the school.
3. Police charged a man Monday who reportedly had sex with two 16-year-old girls multiple times.
4. Broncho Legacy and the Odessa High School Jazz Band will join forces for a trip down memory lane for the K-OHS Radio Hour. It is set for 7 p.m. March 3 at the OHS Performing Arts Center. Cost is $5 and free for students with ID.
5. IN SPORTS: The Permian Panthers boys basketball team took another step in an historic season Tuesday, defeating Arlington Bowie 47-43 in a Class 6A boys regional quarterfinal playoff at Abilene High’s Eagle Gymnasium.