Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Rev. Billy Graham, who transformed American religious life through his preaching and activism, becoming a counselor to presidents and the most widely heard Christian evangelist in history, died Wednesday. He was 99.
2. One of the largest manufacturers of solar panels and solar cells in the country is looking at possibly building a solar project in Ector County — a potential $50 million investment.
3. After the Ector County Republican Party announced endorsements of three local candidates for the March 6 Primary, questions were raised if the decision was legal or violated party bylaws.
4. Students in Ajinoam Morton’s project-based research design class at George H.W. Bush New Tech Odessa are learning everything from time management and budgeting, for when they are in college, to what they might want to pursue for a career.
5. IN SPORTS: The Permian boys basketball team kept their roll going Tuesday, defeating El Paso Coronado 56-38 in a Class 6A bi-district playoff at Pecos High School. The Odessa High Bronchos boys basketball team battled back in their first playoff appearance in two years and got the job done.